It's a static content toolkit and can be used to generate web sites, produce documentation, create ebooks, and much more. These files are built from source files. Flexible.

Hi! Get started. No more databases, comment moderation, or pesky updates to install—just your content. save hide report. Zola renders your whole site as static files, making it trivial to handle any kind of traffic you will throw at it at no cost without having to worry about managing a server or a database. Don't take my words for it though, look at the documentation and see for yourself. Fully open source / code in the public domain. Simple. Statie takes HTML, Markdown and Twig or Latte files and generates static HTML page. Minimal BS. We use cookies to give you the best online experience. Recipes and themes make it easy to quickly generate … Basically for a static site generator this means: All I can find are dynamic viewers, but nothing that works on top of a static site generator. WordPress Static Site Generator. The task of a static site generator is to produce static build files that can be deployed to a web server. Ideally, it would support many file types and extract their metadata and previews (images, video, ebooks etc). Easy to use. From the CLI to the template engine, everything is designed to be intuitive.

Respects your privacy. So let us explain why: Why is Metalsmith a pluggable static site generator? A post written in markdown might look like this: 11 comments. Choosing the right SSG depends on your project needs. A static site generator is a tool that helps you build static pages out of the input files. WordPress SSG for static site performance and security. Metalsmith is an extremely simple, pluggable static site generator.

Jekyll template guide → Blog-aware.

Like most static site generators, we will store our page content as Markdown files. Since everything is configured by chaining together flexible modules (that you can even write yourself), the only limits to what it can create are your imagination. Choosing the right SSG depends on your project needs. Wyam is different. How Jekyll works → Static. A static site generator (SSG) is a compromise between using a hand-coded static site and a full CMS. Star Follow @wyamio. I am looking for a static site generator that takes directories on my fileserver as input and generates a browseable web-based catalog. Markdown, Liquid, HTML & CSS go in.

Easy!

You generate an HTML-only website using raw data (such as … Static sites come out ready for deployment. share.

Markdown is a lightweight markup alternative to HTML that’s designed to be easy to type, human readable, and typically used to author content that will ultimately be converted to and published as HTML, so it’s ideal for our purpose here.

Transform your plain text into static websites and blogs.